For Past Exam Papers click here (for subscribers only)
Please follow these proven strategies and you'll succeed for sure.
- Start as soon as you can.
- Do your homework and practice.
- Don’t miss class.
- Find your study partner or group.
- Analyze your mistakes.
- Ask your questions.
- Find a quiet place.
- Create your math dictionary.
- Master your calculation skills.
- Practice to use your calculator efficiently.
Exam day – preparation
- Good sleep and healthy breakfast.
- Check where your exam is and when it starts
- List what you need: your calculator (check batteries), your I/C, pens, ruler, protractor etc.
- Arrive early.
- Don’t talk to other students before test.
Exam day – working
- Read all the questions carefully.
- Take three deep breaths and start from the beginning.
- Read the question twice.
- When you think you answered the question reread it. Don’t forget to answer all parts of the question.
- Show your working and always work with one step on every line.
- Make estimates for your answers and check if your answer is reasonable.
- Do easy questions first. Then question with highest marks.
- Using your calculator, don’t round the numbers during the calculation, do it in the end only.
- If you are running out of time go through the remaining problems and write down the key formulas you would have used.
- If you have time, check your answers. First check answers to the questions with higher marks.
When the exam is over relax, you’ve done your best!